Check Us Out on AllTop

Featured in Alltop

Monday, June 3, 2013

Justice League vs. Heavenly Justice?


I don't know about you, but as a teenage boy I lived for the world created by DC & Marvel Comics. I had to have my Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk, Ironman and the rest. The title question to this blogpost presents a bit of a conundrum emotionally. I am a man and father now so the "boyland" characteristics and childish wants are no longer prominent in my being. However, there is no doubt the impact on my masculinity by the many years I enjoyed reading those action comics.

My eight year old daughter, who is now an avid reader, I didn't realize until this morning while I was doing some research has already caught the comic book bug. Not knowing her dad was such a comic fan in his boyhood, and while looking over my shoulder as I worked on the computer, she exclaimed with joy, "Daddy I love comics, are you getting me some?" No wonder I didn't know she was a fan, she brought me a couple of her Ninjago graphic novels; yeah not nearly the visual fanfare and excitement of the DC & Marvel comic covers. I guess she reads a few others at school as well. I have no doubt by the time my son (now 4 years old) becomes a fluid reader he too no doubt will join the club. Here is the dilemma for you and I...

Our world and culture has become a gravely more dangerous place for the tactical and deliberate dissemination of anti-family messages. More and more the evil and sinful messages of robbery, sexual promiscuity, homosexuality, murderous massacres, and others (Grand Theft Auto, War of Warcraft, Call of Duty: World at War, TV's Modern Family, etc) have strolled into our homes and taken residence with our permission. Better yet our popular book dealers and book stores (Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc.) where we confidently let our children roam provide bountiful options of erotic comics and graphic novels for them to explore and acquire freely. How can I safely introduce my children to a world of comics so richly enjoyed by me in my childhood?

As a blogger who is committed and prepared to valiantly stand in defense of healthy family, I want to take a moment to introduce you to Kingstone Comics. We recently conducted and interview with the company on our radio show Motivation with a Purpose. I am convinced you will find in them an incredible wealth for the world of comics and adventures allowing us to healthily transfer our love and passion to our children. Now if you were into Archie, Jughead, and the bunch...you're on your own!

Click here to listen to the Kingstone Comics Interview with our guest Art Ayris. There are some notable fellows of sound doctrine such as Randy Alcorn on board with their mission as well. You will like them as I am  quickly traveling a similar direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment